It’s OCTOBER! Yay. Yay. Yay. Fall is here: my favorite time of year (for about 3 months and then the next season is my favorite time of year). I’ve never been a huge Halloween person, but since we live in Sleepy Hollow I’m getting more into it each year. I’m working on a roundup of Halloween decorations to post next week so if you’re a Halloween nut get excited for that.
Here’s what’s what in my world this week:
- These Coffee Cup Doodles are worthy of your time.
- I didn’t think it was possible, but this interview with Lena Dunham made me love her even more.
- I was trying to explain to a (native New Yorker) friend the other day, the phenomenon that is the Chicago Italian Beef sandwich. DAYUM. It almost pains me to read this list. Why hasn’t New York adopted this sandwich yet?
- WAIT. I can order an Italian Beef kit by mail? Somebody out there appreciates my situation.
- Stunning portraiture of the world’s last indigenous tribes by Jimmy Nelson.